The PSRP Secretariat is the focal point for gathering information from all implementing agencies. The PSRP Secretariat is located within the Federation’s Budget Office, at the Federal Ministry of Finance, Budget, and National Planning, and is composed of technical experts who report to the Director-General Budget Office. Specifically, the PSRP Secretariat carries out the following functions through the execution of technical assistance:
- Conduct day-to-day monitoring and coordination of the Programme implementation.
- Facilitate the work of the Steering and Technical Committees in monitoring and oversight.
- Support the Technical Committee in the periodic update of the Financing Plan to be consistent with the effective Multi-Year Tariff Order (MYTO) with at least an annual formal update for submission to the FGN.
- Support Director-General, Budget Office to submit the withdrawal application for Program for Results (PforR) funds and requests for budget releases for the Financing Plan.
- Monitor the execution of the approved Financing Plan by Nigerian Bulk Electricity Trading (NBET) against the agreed fund flow/payment protocols.
- Engage an Independent Verification Agent to conduct a verification of the achievement of DLIs and manage the verification process.
- Supporting key agencies – NERC, NBET, Debt Management Office (DMO), Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) and Federal Ministry of Power (FMoP) – in the achievement of critical Programme actions through capacity-building and other required activities; and
- Maintaining records for procurement activities and expenditures incurred and ensuring timely preparation and submission of required financial reports.